Wednesday 17 March 2010

Birds























Made this quick card tonight for the birthday of a male friend, I am not keen on making male cards I prefer girly colours but this has turned out OK. The Digital Kit is from Hero Arts and is called Vintage Skyland Birds. The larger version of the branch of birds is pop dotted to give it dimension. I am afraid the photo is a little dark as I have had to take it at night.
This will be my last post for a few days as we are off to Rome. My DH has a special birthday this year and this trip is his present, we have been to Italy lots of times but never visited the capital. I will post a few photos when we get back!
Have realised that as this card has birds on it, it qualifies for this weeks Daring cardmakers challenge.

12 comments:

Lin said...

I agree, Sally, it's difficult for me to do masculine cards, too. You did a wonderful job on this one, and I must remember it next time I need one.
Have a great time in Rome! Yes, lots of pic, please!

Alice said...

i think this is a perfect male card! love the popped birds! Hope you have a fun and sage trip! =) can't wait to see the photos!

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous card Sally - oh yes you can do masculine cards!!!! Have a fabulous time in Rome. We have been twice and plan to go again. the second time was for our honeymoon so it has additional significance for us. Jo x

Sanne said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! this is a true beauty Sally - love it!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Love the card Sally, and before I read your post and just saw the card I thought it suitable as a "male" card - I agree they are a lot harder than female and girly cards to do.. perhaps there is a challenge there.......... Have a great trip to Rome, can't wait to see your photos.

Tina
X

donna mikasa said...

Oooh, love this, Sally! Perfect masculine card and I love the scalloped shape! Bon voyage...have a wonderful Roman holiday!

Kathy said...

Ohhh la la Sally I love this collage type card!! Have a fantastic vacation!!!!! Hgus,kathy

Unknown said...

Excellent job on the bane of my birthday-card-making-existence: the masculine card! Will definitely bookmark this one for future reference!

Suzanne C said...

I just love this card! For a quick card it is such a lovely perfect card!

Vanessa said...

Great card, Sally! Perfect for a man!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous - I find male cards quite hard and this works lovely. :) Thanks for playing along.

Lythan said...

What an amazing card Sally. thanks for playing along with DCM this week :)