Monday 23 August 2010

Brocade.



















Julie Ranae has chosen this weeks colours for the Play Date Cafe challenge and I love them, I almost left it too late for the challenge this week as I have been busy making party invitations for a friend.  Managed to find an hour this morning and quickly made a card.


















I have just got a new stamp from Hero Arts called Floral Brocade, it reminds me of a William Morris fabric, very Art Nouveau. I stamped it onto some light green textured card and embossed with Antique Verdigris, I'm really pleased with the result as it actually looks like fabric.






















I got out my old favourite the Heartwinged butterfly, coloured it with copics and then added Glossy Accents to give a sheen.
I must get back to the invitations now, I will post one later.
SallyX

Supplies: Hero Arts Stamps. CG187 Floral Brocade. F5158 Heart winged butterfly.

8 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovley! Beautiful use of the Brocade stamp, wonderful colors on the butterfly! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Barb said...

LOVE your take on the challenge colors, Sally! This is a really beautiful card! That embossing color is gorgeous! Love the shimmery effect!

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely Sally, yes it really does look like fabric and that butterfly looks wonderful coloured with Copics! Jo x

Alice said...

beautiful butterfly! love how you colored it! very pretty card, Sally!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the sheen and glad you took the angled picture to show it off! Thanks for playing at the PDCC! (In the midst of your invitations)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Sally! Love your take on the colours and the embossing is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous, Sally! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH WOW---this is a great composition of these colors! You rocked this challenge:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with the PDCC!!