Friday 3 September 2010

Envelope Gift Bag

























I watched this tutorial by Lisa and decided to have a go at making a gift bag from a Kraft envelope, we don't really get many "Trick or Treaters" so made my bag for an adult. Its the perfect size for chocolates or small toiletry samples.


After seeing Heather's fabulous card and watching this tutorial that she recommended, on how to make these beautiful flowers I knew it would be the perfect finishing touch to my bag. I Love how the flower turned out so have made more, you will probably see them popping up from time to time!
This bag is for the current Hero Arts challenge which for this month is an Autumn theme and also gift bags, it also fits the challenge at Sir Stampalot which is "All Distressed".  Lots of distressing here, what did I ever do before Tim Holtz inks!! (I seem to remember using cold coffee and tea bags! to age paper).

Supplies: Hero Arts stamp CG187 Floral Brocade. Distress inks, Bundled Sage, Barn Door,

Well I have survived my first two days at work its always hard to get back in the swing of things after the summer holidays.  Hope you have a fun weekend.
Sallyx

19 comments:

chris said...

Oh My goodness Me Sally, now this I love, it just shouts gorgeous.
off to look at the tutorial, though I am sure I could not come up with anything as stunning as this.
hugs chris xx

chris said...

Hi Again Sally I was that blown away with you bag I forgot to thank you for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Chllenge.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally stunning gift bag - love the stamps and the flower - off to look at the tutorial you've linked to.

Have a good weekend.

Tina
X

stampingandstitching said...

Oh my goodness Sally, this is absolutely stunning! I love your gorgeous distressing on the Floral Brocade and your flower is fantastic! Can't wait to see more of your flowers. Thanks so much for the mention:) The first days back are always the worst so all I can say is roll on the Halloween break! Enjoy your weekend!

pinky said...

Stunning gift bag, so love the papers and that gorgeous flower. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous embossing on the gift bag! Love the color combo and design, Sally!!

Barb said...

This bag turned out gorgeous, Sally! Love your amazing flower!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Sally! Your flower is gorgeous, and so is the little bag!

Alice said...

wow! this is absolutely gorgeous, Sally!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! wow!

Kathy said...

Ah ha...I just love this Sally and the flower is so bold and stunning. Have a great weekend :)

brenda said...

Hi Sally

What a lovely piece of work.

And that flower is just so gorgeous, I will definately pop over and look at the tut.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Vicky said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sally. I'll be having a go at the flower. Tfs :)xx

Sally H said...

Stunning gift bag with lovely distressing! I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Sally this is so beautiful a fabulous little bag the colours I love and that flower is gorgeous thank you for sharing this with us at Sir Stampalot
Hugs
Lorraine x

Suzanne C said...

So gorgeous! Love the bag and the beautiful flower.

Francesca said...

A Stunning creation, love the colours.
Thanks for joining in at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Linapyssel said...

Lovelly giftbag and lots of love put into it!! The one who gets it is really lucky!
Thank you for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck
Lina xx

Hank hendricks said...

I am sure I could not come up with anything as stunning as this. but i wish to try it for Gift Card envelopes.