Sunday 1 May 2011

May CCC at The Lily Pad Blog.


If you ever took part in Deborah's card chain challenge you'll know what a fun challenge it was, well the challenge has a new home over at The Lily Pad blog. The idea is simple you make a card following either the colour swatch, the sketch or the theme, then you mail it to your allotted recipient. (they could live anywhere in the world) You will also receive a handmade card from someone else.  Its so much fun receiving a card from another country, I have quite a few in my collection now!!

This month I have tried to follow all three of the choices, the colour, sketch and theme, I also decided to make a card in a different style to my usual.  The background journal sheet was a gift from my crafty friend  Linda and I have been dying to use one on a card.  I just stamped on the sentiment and the small solid flower from Hero Arts.  The rest is just patterned paper.







This is the colour swatch and below is the sketch.





















I just thought I would add this photograph of a Yellow Flag Iris that is growing in a small pond in the woods near where I live, isn't it stunning,they grow wild  in marshy, wet areas around here. As you can see it was a beautiful sunny day here again today.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

11 comments:

Nancy K said...

You hit the tri-fecta...perfection with all 3 challenge options!! Love this card, Sally! I like the new format for this wonderful card exchange, adds a new wrinkle, don't you think?
blessings~

Anette said...

WOW Sally, what a stunner card! Lucky recipient!

Brenda said...

You did a great interpretation Sally! I love everything about it! I adore all the little embellishments which really add so much interest!

Barb said...

Oh, Sally this card is beautiful! Love those scallops! Fab take on the sketch! Thanks for sharing those amazing, yellow iris! We don't see that color around here. . .just the purple ones. . .SO PRETTY!

donna mikasa said...

What a beautiful combination of stamps, papers, and punches! Lovely card, Sally...

Anonymous said...

Wow Sally! Your card is so stunning! Love the gorgeous Iris as well, such a beautiful spring photo

Dawn T said...

such a pretty card Sally. Love that you got 3 options on your card. Me ~ I'm still struggling to come up with even one idea!

Arlene said...

One beautiful CARD! Love this.

joy said...

Just a gorgeous card, Sally! Love the scallops!

Scrumplescrunch said...

This card has so many elements, it is wonderful.
Smiles:)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful design and lovely use of the colors.