Saturday 5 November 2011

A creative day!!


Its been a really dull Autumnal day here in Surrey so I have spent my time being creative, I love days like this.  My first make was this card for the CAS-ual Friday challenge, this week its called "Over the edge".   The snowflake on my card is made up of two chipboard pieces that I found in my local craft shop.  I have stamped and heat embossed them with white and then added some Broken China distress stain.  Lastly I added some shimmer mist and glitter.




After using the snowflake on my card I decided that it would make a lovely ornament so using some more chipboard snowflakes I made this, the pearls are from a broken necklace, in real life this has a beautiful shimmer to it!!



Next I did a little sewing, I have been following Latrice's "Homemade Holidays" online tutorials after making the Wreath yesterday,  I wanted to have a go at the  ruffled pillow.

My pillow doesn't have a  holiday theme, it just fits in with my room colours and I am really pleased with it.
Hope you are having a great weekend to.

Thanks for all your comments.


18 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Sally! Sounds like a great start to the weekend! Love your CAS card, that snowflake is super gorgeous and how beautiful that you also made an ornament! You are so good at sewing! I have this fancy Bernina and can only do straight and zig-zag stitching on my cards!

sheila said...

wow Sally! you have had a super creative day! sounds like alot of fun. I love your ornament...what a wonderful little project

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, decoration and cushion - I'm impressed to say the least! Jo x

Lisa said...

Beautiful, Sally! Can ask you what that "winter" stamp is? It's probably HA I figure, but is it a set? It seems as tho I maybe have seen you use a "summer" or a "spring"?? Am I crazy? Please let me know what that is- I LOVE all of them!

Jessi Fogan said...

Hurray for crafty days! The card is lovely - what a cute little brad in the middle of the snowflake, and I love the extras that you added to the chipboard. The ornament has such a great shimmer & shine, and the pillow makes me want to snuggle right in. All these are simply beautiful, Sally :)

Dawn T said...

Your cards are delightful Sally as are your other projects. Very creative.

Mynn xx said...

What super fabulous projects! That card is GORGEOUS, the hanging is stunning and I am in love with the pillow! Must make one for me!!! :) TFS!!!

Anita Rex said...

Hi Sally! I love days like that when you get to create all day! Love your card! And the ornament but my fav is the pillow! Great job with the ruffled! Whenever you see it you will take pride in the fact that you made it!

Suzanne C said...

LOVE the cas card! Gorgeous composition and the snowflake is wonderful! The ruffle pillow is lovely!

Jen M said...

Your card is stunning and I love that pillow!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow! A simply beautiful card. Love that snowflake with the distressed ink. the background sentiment is perfect. Cute little doodad in the middle of the snowflake.

Donelda said...

brilliant!!

Jenny said...

Your card is so beautiful Sally, I love the text background and that pretty snowflake :) Gorgeous.
Jenny x

Laura Davis said...

WOW, so pretty!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

What a fun day - your projects are wonderful!! Those snow flakes are delicious!! Thanks so much for playing with CAS-ual Fridays!!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your CAS card, Sally! You do CAS so beautifully! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally

Another stunning creation love the ruffle cushion I must go and check out this ladies blog!!

Big hugs

Tina

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Well the snowflake ornament what can I say just lovely....

Hugs

Tina