Monday 26 March 2012

More flowers and some deer!!

 I decided to dig out an old stamp and make a card for the flower challenge over at The Lily Pad.   This paper  art stamp is so pretty I really must use it more.  I have inked the stamp with my Distress Markers stamped and then shaded lightly to give a bit more depth.  The card base has been run through the Swiss Dots embossing folder and I have then added some seam binding to match the red flowers.

 Next I stamped over with  the Envelope Pattern and  Bundled Sage ink, I also distressed the edges with the same ink before pop dotting it to my card base. I shall also add this to this months Hero Arts challenge.


 We had a beautiful weekend here and on Sunday decided to go for a walk in nearby Petworth Park,  I was thrilled to get these shots of the deer.  Usually they are quite shy, but this time I was able to get quite close to them
 I love their stunning antlers!!


























Another term is nearly over at school and we break on Friday for two weeks, I am so looking forward to some relaxing time, lets hope the beautiful weather holds.

8 comments:

Lin said...

Love this card, Sally, and your deer are beautiful!!

Lisa said...

That bright green base is sure eye catching! Very summery :)
Great photos of the deer! They have the most interesting racks I've seen!

Dawn T said...

fabulous flowers Sally. They look awesome in the red colourings. How wonderful to see the deer. They are stunning.

Jessi Fogan said...

So much fun to bring out some older stamps once in a while :) Love the sentiment flag & that gorgeous seam binding! And the deer...lovely. You'd almost be afraid to breathe for scaring them away!
Congrats on the approaching vacation - so much easier to focus when there's a break in sight!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card and love the photos of the deer. The deer photos are lovely!

Brenda said...

Oh what a terrific card Sally! Love that color combination! Those photos are equally beautiful! I love anything to do with nature!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful card, Sally and those pictures are amazing! Thank you for sharing those pics. And thank you so much for playing along with us at Lily Pad Cards. :)

Cindy C. said...

Sally this card is so beautiful! The photos of the deers are awesome! TFS.