Thursday 29 March 2012

My Blue Phase!!!

 My favorite colours are pink, red and orange but just lately I have been drawn towards blues and greens (so unlike me!!)  Here is my Blue Phase collection!!!I have made three cards over the past few days  using some distress stains and inks.

The first is using the Large Blossom Stamp from Hero Arts with the London Background stamp that lovely Linda sent me.  Thanks again Linda!!  The central panel has also been sprayed with shimmer mist so it has a lovely sparkle in real life.

This card is for the Lily Pad challenge and the Simon Says Challenge "Anything goes"  Its also a last minute entry for this months Hero Arts Challenge.
 This second card is inspired by all the lovely "Wonky Rectangle" cards that Donna has been making, once I saw the die on her blog I knew I had to buy it, love the unusual shape for cards.


























Its been a very inspirational time lately, after seeing this beautiful card that Franziska created I spotted the stamp she used on ebay and managed to get it at a bargain price!!  I love the water coloured effect you can create with these Silhouette style stamps.

Thank goodness its Friday tomorrow school closes now for a two week break, I am so looking forward to having some me time!!


P.S.  I forgot to add some really exciting news The Lily Pad is holding a fabulous week long Birthday blog hop starting on Sunday 1st April.  Be sure to check in on the fun as there will be PRIZES!!!!

14 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful cards Sally - love the blues and greens! So happy that you found that stamp for a bargin, it looks just gorgeous on your card!!
Have a lovely break from work, hope the weather holds up too!
p.s. love your deer photos!

Lin said...

I hope you'll stay in your blue phase a little longer, Sally! These are so refreshing. Enjoy your holidays!

Anita Rex said...

Oh goodness i love your blue phase! You know it's one of my favorite colors to work with so I LOVE seeing what you've come up with! SO INSPIRING SALLY! Please continue with the blue's, isn't it fun and refreshing?

Virginia L. said...

Love your BLUE phase! These sure are gorgeous, Sally!Love the inking and stamping! FABULOUS Franziska-inspired card!

Brenda said...

Well, I hope you have a wonderful break Sally! Love these three cards you made, you should play with these colors more often! Great use of distress ink goodness!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sally, your cards are stunning--love them all. All of the flowers are beautiful in blue. Have a great holiday and have fun stamping.

Jessi Fogan said...

So long as you don't emulate Van Gogh TOO CLOSELY (your ears are lovely!) I love your blue period! I find I get into 'colour blocks' like that where I seem to use the same shades for a while :)
Love that fun little texty butterfly & its gem trail on the last card, the fun wonky rectangle, and the awesome bows :) All that text gives so much dimension!

Sophie said...

Wunderschön, deine "blaue Phase"
die Karten gefallen mir alle sehr gut.

Viele Grüße
Sophie

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Sally, your cards are gorgeous!! Love the colors you used. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lily Pad Cards. :)

Judith said...

Oh these are beautiful, I love them all but my fav. has to be the third one, you inspire me!

Judy1223 said...

Sally, I love the blues and greens...all of your cards are gorgeous! Funny, I went and bought the wonky reverse rectangles dies after being inspired by Donna, too! I love what you've done with them, too! Enjoy your upcoming break...mine starts next Thursday!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love all your blue cards, Sally! So gorgeous, each and every one!!

MarcyK924 said...

I always love when you do BLUE! These are just stunning, Sally! Love all the inky fabulosity!!! Hugs, Marcy

Barbara said...

All these are really beautiful. I love blue and green together and you have combined them so perfectly! Thanks for sharing!