Saturday 23 June 2012

Silhouette Trees.


Last week I was lucky enough to win the Hero Arts "Nature's Silhouettes" set of stamps from ebay at a bargain price and of course I couldn't wait to ink them up and have a play.  This was my first attempt, a very CAS card made with just the stamp and Distress inks but I love the effect.  I have entered this into the current Hero Arts Challenge.

 Next I decided to make a card set,  I am having a craft stall at the school fair in a few weeks and these sets are always popular.  I tried to match the ink colours to the seasons, so the Autumn one is reds, and oranges, the winter, blues, the spring greens and the summer which you can't see is warm oranges.

 Once I started I couldn't stop and this is another set using the same stamps but this time I have kissed them with the Music Background stamp from Hero Arts, such a pretty effect.
                                                   

Here are all four cards, not the best photo to show the"kissing" as on the darker cards it is very subtle especially the winter one.

I am entering these into the "Kissing" challenge over at "A Blog Named Hero".
After weeks of awful weather here in the UK at last we have a sunny day so I am spending the rest of it in the garden, hope you have a fun weekend.



20 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful card-sets Sally - look likes they will inspire you no end in combining with other stamps!! TFS

Barb said...

So many fab colors, Sally - glad you're having fun with your new stamp! It's perfect for the kissing technique!

Arlene said...

Fantastic sets of cards.

Stephanie said...

These are all lovely cards, Sally! I love the way the kissed cards turned out! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero! :)

judy said...

Lovely sets, Sally! I love the effect with the kissing technique, it
really adds something to these images!!

Kara Lynne said...

These cards are beautiful! Wonderful stamping and colors. I love the simple design, Sally.

donna mikasa said...

You are so lucky to own that discontinued stamp set! And I love how you inked them up--great set of notecards!

Lucy Newton said...

Sally you created so many beautiful cards from one stamp, you are so creative! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Dawn T said...

What a great buy Sally. Your cards are just wonderful. They will sell well at your craft fair.

Michelle said...

Wow, Sally! These are all fantastic! I love them! I can't decide which set I like the best. :-)

Jessi Fogan said...

I can't even pick a favourite - I love the 'plain' distress cards & the ones kissed with music are fab too! Hooray for getting your hands on a set you knew you'd love :) Sometimes I find when I actually GET those coveted stamps I can't even quite bring myself to use them right away!

Tina said...

Sally, love how you used the new stamp set and the kissing techique with music sheet pattern turned out so beautifuly. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

Nancy K said...

oh my...what lovely designs, Sally! The kissed set is especially beautiful and the watercolor style looks so dreamy with this silhouette set. Truly wonderful inspiration!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I lov e all the cards Sally . My favourite is the blue/green combo with musical background.

Lisa said...

I have this set, Sally, so thanks for the reminder AND the inspiration! I love both sets of these, but the kissed ones are really special :)
Enjoy your gardening time!!

Anita Rex said...

Oh stamps at a bargain is the best thing ever! Love these cards! I love the kissing and the ones without too! :> I know you will do great at the sale! Keep stamping to have lots to sale!

Robin K. said...

I loooooove your card designs Sally!!!! These will surely be good sellers!! Enjoy the sunshine you're finally getting across the pond:)

Brenda said...

Oh! What you did with that set is so beautiful Sally!

Unknown said...

Wow Sally, talk about stretching your stamps! What a magnificent job you have done with this stamp set. I love the way it looks kissed with the music stamp! Thank you so much for playing with us over at A Blog Named Hero.

A Blog Named Hero said...

GREAT GREAT GREAT CAS cards!!

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!~

Linda
A Blog Named Hero