Sunday 14 October 2012

Published in PaperCrafts!!!!

After months of trying I have at last got a card published in the Nov/Dec PaperCrafts magazine and I am thrilled.  I guess now that it has been published I am allowed to show you my card.  PaperCrafts is impossible to get in the UK unless you subscribe so this is for my UK visitors.



































The HA Leaf and Floral background has been embossed in gold before adding my poinsettia flower which has been dry embossed using a herringbone folder.  Quite a simple card but quite a thick one to post ,  to cut my postage down this year I am trying to make as many flat cards as I can.  Here is one using the Winter Town a favourite of mine.

























Here is another using the same stamp I love the water colour effect you get when spritzing the (Distressed) inked stamp with water.


There seems to be a bit of a blue theme going on at the moment with my Christmas cards.,

Hope you are having a great weekend, we are having the perfect Autumnal day here at the moment, blue sky but chilly, I love days like this. Hubby and I have been for a long walk over the common, just perfect..









15 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

I love them all! And I was so excited to see your name while I was looking through my digi PC the other day :) It's a gorgeous card! Embossing the poinsettia layers really makes it pop - although I'd want to save it for hand-delivery too :)
Love that Winter Town stamp - so pretty, and it looks fabulous CAS or dressed up!

Barb said...

Sally, I was so excited when I saw your card in this issue! Big congrats on your first pub!! Yippee! The card is gorgeous and I loved how they titled it, "Golden Peace Card!"

Your other two cards are so beautiful too! I love blue for Christmas! :)

diana said...

Congrats on your publication! Thanks for sharing your creativity on your blog. ;-)

Virginia L. said...

HUGE congrats on your first pub, Sally! I saw your gorgeous card in this issue! I love the winter blue card that you posted here,too! Beautifully done!

Vicky said...

They are all gorgeous!!! The first one is so beautiful, no wonder it was published! And I love the blue theme on your Christmas cards. I am gonna use blue for sure, thanks for the inspiration!

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Congrats Sally.

I love your gold background, but the poinsettia certainly makes the card pop.
My Dad would love the winter town card, he always asks for a scenic card at Christmas. Will have to check out the stamp.

Love the look of the magazine so maybe a subscription will go on my Christmas 'wish list'! Shame its not available in UK shops.

Love Sheila x

joy said...

Congratulations, Sally! I love your card and am so happy for you! That background is a favorite of mine and it looks beautiful embossed in gold.

Shawna said...

Gorgeous Sally, both of them are just gorgeous. And congratulations on being published! How exciting!!!!

Dawn T said...

congrats on your published card. It is super elegant. Love the blue ones too.

MarcyK924 said...

How exciting is that!!! And so well deserved! I was so thrilled when I saw it and yelled out, "YAY, Sally!"

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on being published, Sally! So happy for you! LOVE the blues for Christmas!

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations with your published card Sally!
Beautiful post and loving those Christmas cards!

Paula said...

I just love the winter town card, so simple and so beautiful.

Brenda said...

Congratulations Sally! This is really so well deserved as you create some total beauties! And this card is definitely a golden beauty!

Daria said...

I have this stamp, but I haven't been able to make it work for me. You have definitely found a way to make beautiful cards with it. I will try again. TFS.